Welcome to the new partners for the next Erasmus+ call
Introduction & Roundtable “European Strategy for Universities and European New Innovation Agenda: contribution of the European Universities Initiative”
During the first roundtable, EU and Higher Education Institutions (HEI) representatives discussed the contribution of the European Universities to the New European Innovation Agenda. This roundtable – moderated by Fulvio Mastrogiovanni, Vicerrector for Internationalization of the University of Genoa – was attended by:
- Ioana Dewandeler, Policy Officer, Higher Education, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture.
- Stephane Berghmans, EUA Director of Research and Innovation
- Jeanick Briswalter, Rector of the University of Université Cote d’Azur.
- Siegfried Walch, Professor & Head of department for Nonprofits Social & Health Management at MCI – The Entrepreneurial Shool.
Roundtable “The role of Universities in Regional Innovation Ecosystems”
The second roundtable addressed the role of universities as boosters of regional Innovation Ecosystems within and beyond the European Union.
This roundtable was facilitated by Koen Jonkers, representative of the Joint Research Center of the European Commission.
Here, the panel of speakers discussed how HEI can accelerate and strengthen Innovation Ecosystems across the EU and contribute to reduce the innovation gap. The participants in this roundtable were:
- Thomas Wobben, Director for Legislative Works at European Committee of the Regions.
- Astrid Hannes, ERRIN Representative (European Regions Research and Innovation Network.
- Ingrid Rigler, Deputy Head of Unit Innovation and EIT, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture.
- Miina Hiilos, Haaga Helia University of Applied Sciences Rector.
- Peter Džupka, Head of the Department of Regional Science and Management, Faculty of Economics, Technical University of Košice (Slovakia).
- Valentina Costa, Student of the University of Genoa (Italy).