- Graphic Design
– Create visually appealing designs for various mediums, including digital platforms, print materials, presentations, signage, and promotional merchandise.
– Develop graphics that effectively communicate complex concepts, data, and information related to the TECHNICOM’s research, innovation, and entrepreneurial activities.
– Collaborate with the internal team to understand design requirements, objectives, and target audiences for each project.
- Branding and Visual Identity
– Ensure consistency in the application of the TECHNICOM’s visual identity guidelines across all design materials.
– Assist in maintaining and evolving the TECHNICOM’s brand identity, including logo usage, colour schemes, typography, and other visual elements.
– Contribute to the development of brand guidelines and design templates for use by internal teams and external partners.
- Multimedia and Digital Design
– Create engaging and visually appealing multimedia content, such as infographics, animations, videos, and presentations, to effectively communicate key messages.
– Collaborate with the communication team to develop digital assets for the Science Park’s website, social media platforms, and digital marketing campaigns.
– Stay updated with the latest design trends and techniques to incorporate innovative and impactful design elements into the Science Park’s visual communication.
- Collaboration and Feedback:
– Work closely with internal teams, including the communication team, event organizers, researchers, and external partners, to understand design requirements and deliver high-quality design solutions.
– Accept and incorporate feedback from stakeholders to refine and improve design concepts and deliverables.
– Effectively manage design projects, meet deadlines, and prioritize tasks to ensure timely and successful completion of design deliverables.
- Practical experience in graphic design, visual communication, or a related field.
- Proficient in graphic design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and other relevant tools.
- Solid understanding of design principles, including layout, typography, colour theory, and composition.
- Knowledge of current design trends and ability to incorporate them into design work while maintaining brand consistency.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to produce accurate and error-free designs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively communicate design concepts and ideas.
- Familiarity with the university or academic environment is a plus.
Form: physical stay
Week allocation: 20 hours in 5 working days (Mon – Fri)
Duration: 2 months
Preferred timing: spring 2024
Funding: Cost for travel, accommodation and boarding will be covered by Erasmus+ mobility programme.
Other benefits: Offering accommodation in the Dormitories of Technical University of Košice (standard student charge applies).
University Science Park TECHNICOM at the Technical University of Košice has the ambition to become a central hub for building a regional innovation ecosystem in the Easter Slovakia. It was opened in 2017 and established to act as an internationally recognized technology research and technology transfer centre for innovative applications with the support of knowledge technologies. Further, through its pre-incubation services, it significantly contributes to business acceleration in creation (incubation) of new spin-off or startup companies built on knowledge base acquired from R&D.
Main mission of USP TECHNICOM is to combine science with industry practice, to protect and raise the profile of innovative ideas, to build networking and ecosystem and to enhance creativity. USP TECHNICOM supports scientific and innovative projects by providing consultancy and advisory services in project proposal process and organizes events (information seminars, workshops, conferences, business meetings of science parks representatives and professionals from scientific centres).
USP TECHNICOM as an innovation ecosystem and “win to win” collaboration between academic and public research organisations and business provides following services:
- One Stop Shop: expected and required support for innovation and technology transfer of R&D knowledge and products (including support for intellectual property rights and development and implementation of regional/national/international project in the thematic scope of the Technical University of Košice);
- Business acceleration of Hi-Tech companies through startup and spin-off initiatives;
- Consultancy, expertise, technology intermediation and engineering services in the corresponding scientific and technological fields of industrial and social practice.
- Relevant education and training activities.
One of the USP TECHNICOM’s key components for accelerating entrepreneurship are the Startup Center and Incubator TUKE. They were formed in 2014 – 2016, being the very first of its kind in the region. As a result, related startup support activities were initiated at the university. The purpose is to significantly help students, teachers, researchers and innovative people to develop their potential in various areas and activities.