Participants will acquire knowledge and will be able to understand, to apply, to analyze, and to evaluate issues related to of Climate Change, Environmental Justice and Ethics; Circular Economy in Business; Circular Economy and Biotechnology; Sustainable Cities; Sustainable Tourism; Sustainable Transition in Rural and Urban Context
Each university brought to the course its own exciting experience, research and know how. All modules offer different points of view and approaches as they are based on various multicultural backgrounds. This heterogeneity makes the course unique, creates cross-cultural synergies and widens perspectives.
Module 1: Climate Change, Environmental Justice and Ethics:
(Developed by prof. Adel Ben Youssef from the Université Côte d´Azur in France)
- aspects of climate change,
- causes and consequences,
- mitigation and adaptation strategies,
- climate finance and climate justice,
- environment and climate change issues,
- potential solutions for climate change mitigation.
Module 2: Circular Economy in Business:
(Developed by prof. Satu Harkki from the Haaga Helia, University of Applied Sciences in Finland)
- basics of circular economy and the role of companies,
- different ways to implement circular economy: redesign, reduce, remanufacture, recycle etc.,
- circular economy business models like product as a service and sharing economy.
Module 3: Circular Economy and Biotechnology:
(Developed by prof. Andreas Walter and his colleagues from the MCI, The Entrepreneurial School in Innsbruck in Austria)
- climate factors and impacts on a global and single product scale,
- global issue related to circular economy and biotechnology,
- circular economy challenges by setting changes in our daily life and business.
Module 4: Sustainable Cities:
(Developed by several teachers and experts under direction of prof. Miriam Šebová from the Technical University of Košice in Slovakia)
- basic concepts of urban sustainability, urban resilience and vulnerability,
- concepts of Sponge city and Ubiquitous City,
- urban adaptation and mitigation strategies in European cities,
- best practices of sustainable water management and sustainable design in the cities.
Module 5: Sustainable Tourism:
(Developed by prof. Daniela Ambrosino and her colleagues from the University of Genoa in Italy)
- concept of sustainable tourism,
- main activities/strategies for promoting and improving environmental,
- main activities/strategies for the management of destinations,
- the tourists’ behavior,
- main KPIs to monitor the sustainable activities.
Module 6: Sustainable Transition in Rural and Urban Context:
(Developed by prof. Daniel Coq Huelva from the University of Seville in Spain)
- different theoretical approaches to sustainability: environmental sociology, ecological economics and sustainable transitions,
- approaches to analyze cases of sustainable transition in agriculture,
- cases of sustainable transition in energy,
- cases of urban sustainable transition,
- special features of sustainable transition in developing Latin American cases.