ULYSSEUS EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY
COMPASS RESEARCHERS' DAYS IN SEVILLE
22-23 JUNE 2022
ABOUT THIS EVENT
The ULYSSEUS EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY COMPASS RESEARCHERS’ DAYS IN SEVILLE is organised by the University of Seville and offers an opportunity for researchers of the Ulysseus’ partner universities
- University of Seville (Spain)
- University of Genoa in (Italy)
- Université Côte d’Azur (France)
- Technical University of Košice (Slovakia)
- MCI | The Entrepreneurial School® (Austria)
- Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
to engage with peers establishing new collaborations and consolidating consortiums, to seize opportunities to develop joint European projects, scientific workshops, seminars, congresses, courses and mobilities.
For two days, more than 80 researchers will meet in person in Seville, enjoying lots of activities as seminars, workshops and visits to key research centres of the University of Seville.
More than 100 researchers meet at the ULYSSEUS EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY COMPASS RESEARCHERS’ DAYS IN SEVILLE
On June 22-23, more than 100 researchers meet in person in Seville and enjoy a broad range of activities such as seminars, workshops and visits to faculties and key research centres of the University of Seville.
This seminar will highlight existing actions in the alliance towards the goal of achieving smart and climate-neutral cities amongst our regions and will inspire innovative actions to take place within our community, including citizens, academia, and businesses and implement transformative processes.
REGISTRATION IN B2MATCH
BILATERAL MEETINGS & MUCH MORE
B2Match is an event management system for networking. Whether you are attending the ULYSSEUS EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY COMPASS RESEARCHERS’ DAYS IN SEVILLE in person or online, we have it all covered! This platform will enable you to enjoy the same networking opportunities.
Researchers will arrange bilateral meetings in advance through this dedicated tool. Once you sign up, you will be able to access our marketplace to engage and share all the opportunities Ulysseus can offer you. These include:
- Networking between researchers, practitioners, companies,
other institutions and stakeholders (schedule 1:1 call within
- Ulysseus Innovation Hubs calls for projects’ cooperation,
research and entrepreneurship.
- Funding opportunities per Innovation Hubs, including calls for proposals of Horizon Europe program and Erasmus +.
- Search for expertise, information or collaboration within the Ulysseus ecosystem.
- Job opportunities
ULYSSEUS RESEARCH & INNOVATION STRATEGY AND AGENDA
22 JUNE, 9:15 am CET | FACE-TO-FACE
Julián Martínez Fernández, Vice-Rector for Research at the University of Sevilla, will present the Ulysseus Research & Innovation Strategy and Agenda.
During the past few months, work has been done to identify the capabilities, synergies, and barriers of the alliance through an information collection exercise. This includes a survey, interviews, and a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis. A range of issues have been highlighted, from the development and implementation of research and innovation strategies to the different specialisations and the hopes and needs for Ulysseus.
At this presentation you will learn more about the future Research & Innovation Strategy and Agenda of Ulysseus European University.
2030: A journey towards climate neutral and smart cities in Europe"
22 JUNE, 9:45 am – 11:15 CET | HYBRID
100 cities from the European Union member states plus 12 cities from associated countries have been selected to join the EU Mission: 100 Climate-neutral and smart cities by 2030 to pursue ambitious goals to slash emissions rapidly and pioneer innovative approaches with citizens and stakeholders.
Seville, Helsinki and Košice are three of the selected cities in the EU and home of three partner universities of the Ulysseus alliance.
This seminar highlighted existing actions in the alliance towards the goal of achieving smart and climate-neutral cities amongst our regions and will inspire innovative actions to take place within our community, including citizens, academia, and businesses and implement transformative processes.
This seminar was organised by the Innovation Hub of Energy, Transport, Mobility and Smart cities, based in Seville.
Panel of experts:
- Ricardo Chacartegui Ramírez (University of Seville)
- Blanca Gómez Dominguez (Cartuja Science & Technology Park, Seville)
- Maroš Halama (Technical University in Košice)
- Begoña C. Arrue (University of Seville)
22 JUNE, 11:45 am – 5.00 pm (CET) | FACE-TO-FACE
A series of parallel workshops have been organised around the following topics:
- Health (Classroom 2, Pabellón de México)
- Food (Classroom 3, Pabellón de México)
- Social Sciences & Humanities (Meeting room, Pabellón de Brasil)
- Energy, Transport, Mobility and Smart Cities (Assembly Room, Pabellón de México)
At these workshops, Ulysseus researchers will be able to present their European projects and network with peers to identify synergies that will lead to create future workshops, seminars and projects.
VISITS TO SCHOOLS & KEY RESEARCH CENTRES OF THE USE
23 JUNE, 09:00 am – 5.00 pm (CET) | FACE-TO-FACE
Researchers from partner universities of Ulysseus will have the opportunity to visit schools and key research centres of the University of Seville. We have organised three tours:
- TECH Research Centres Engineering School; Robotics Centre & Energy Centre; Institute of Microelectronics of Seville (IMSE); National Centres of Accelerators (CNA)
- BIO Research Centres Andalusian Molecular Biology and Regenerative Medicine Centre (CABIMER); Institute of Plant Biochemistry and Photosynthesis (IBVF)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Centres Visits University of Seville Center for Cultural Initiatives (CICUS) and Fine Arts Faculty
COMPASS has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme under grant agreement No 101035809